Subject: [Chihuahuas] Collapsing Trachea
From: Gregory <etsu1...@yahoo.com>
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
CC:

We were devastated last week when we had to put our 10 year old female chi,
Maya, down. She started caughing a couple of years ago and the vets told us
that it was a collapsing trachea issue that would get worse over time.

The caughing got worse 3 months ago and the vets gave us medication that helped
for a little while. Unfortunately, last week our beloved Maya took a turn for
the worst and Sunday she crossed over the rainbow bridge.

We will be looking for another chi in the future and will contact several
breeders. I was not familiar with this problem when we got her and the other
generations of chis that the breeder had ranged in age from 3 to 13 and none
had this issue. Are there anything that we should look for next time when we go
to view puppies to possibly avoid this problem again or is it something that
just happens. My wife and I are still heart sick. Greg