Greg, what state are you in?

Peggy

-------Original Message-------

From: Gregory
Date: 7/21/2013 6:33:04 PM
To: Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Chihuahuas] Re: Collapsing Trachea

Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. My wife and I will keep
those in mind. We are both retired and in our 60's but it doesn't make the
loss of our beloved Maya any easier. Loveand thanks to you all. Greg.

--- In Chihuahuas@yahoogroups.com, Alice <whiterabbit32@...> wrote:

> Just a suggestion of doing that with humans and there'd be outrage. It's
not right treating animals as if they don't have feelings. I didn't know
there was only 3 days in shelter for pregnant dogs. That's sad. Wish I had a
big enough place to house some of those slated to go down.

> \
> \ /\ Alice
> ( ) whiterabbit32@...
> .( ). Sent from my iPad mini
>
> > On Jul 21, 2013, at 1:06 PM, Peggy & The Girls <phrpg5@...> wrote:
> >

> > The CA shelters give the preggie ones, or mom's with pups, 3 days for a
rescue only to pull, or they are all pts on the 4th day. Most of the shelter
strays that are preggie or have pups, have no way of knowing who the father
is. Since the winter, chis on Petfinders has increased by over 1500. We now
have over 18,000 chis that need homes, and that figure doesn't even show all
the shelters or rescues that do not list there dogs, or show the thousands
that have been put down. I have seen 2# chi's in the CA shelters just like
the FL shelters and they too are put down due to lack of space and rescues
are overloaded. It always gets worse in the summer and then again around the
holidays. So heartbreaking.......

> > Peggy

have been 3 preggo ones on there in the last month.

> > Robin, Dobe Axel CGC, TT, German Pin Ranger CGC, TT, Chihuahuas Alice
CGC and Monte CGC, MinPins HoneyB, Brutus, and IMPS foster Jordan

> > Www.minpinrescue.org
> > Www.chi-rescue.com
> > Http://chihuahua.rescueme.org/Florida
> >
> > Alice <whiterabbit32@...> wrote:
> >

> > So sad rescues are turning away the pregnant ones. I can think of all
kinds of things that could happen to them having been turned away. I'm glad
I'm able to care for 2. Wish it were more.

> > \
> > \ /\ Alice
> > ( ) whiterabbit32@...
> > .( ). Sent from my iPad mini
> >
> > On Jul 20, 2013, at 9:27 PM, GinbarMinPins <GinbarMinPins@...> wrote:
> >

> > So sorry to read of this. Out of the hundreds of toy breeds I myself and
my friends rescued only one had trachea issues and my vet said it is usually
trama more then a defective gene. I know a BC who has one from damage from a
chain collar. My toy breeds get walked on harnesses and my larger dogs on
pinches unless at a show then a fur saver that would be less severe then a
reg chain. Adopting an older pup or adult would lessen any medical problems.
And the rescues here are turning away pregnant bitches and entire litters of
purebred Chis.

> > Robin, Dobe Axel CGC, TT, German Pin Ranger CGC, TT, Chihuahuas Alice
CGC and Monte CGC, MinPins HoneyB, Brutus, and IMPS foster Jordan

> > nbsp; www.minpinrescue.org
> >
> > www.chi-rescue.com
> >
> > Http://chihuahua.rescueme.org/florida

chi, Maya, down. She started caughing a couple of years ago and the vets
told us that it was a collapsing trachea issue that would get worse over
time.

> > The caughing got worse 3 months ago and the vets gave us medication that
helped for a little while. Unfortunately, last week our beloved Maya took a
turn for the worst and Sunday she crossed over the rainbow bridge.

> > We will be looking for another chi in the future and will contact
several breeders. I was not familiar with this problem when we got her and
the other generations of chis that the breeder had ranged in age from 3 to
13 and none had this issue. Are there anything that we should look for next
time when we go to view puppies to possibly avoid this problem again or is
it something that just happens. My wife and I are still heart sick. Greg