A little over a year ago we adopted a very small dog from a rescue sort
organization. They gave me papers stating the dog was 8 weeks old and had its
first shot. This dog was smaller than my Chihuhua/Rat Terrier mix. Three days
later this dog could not hold her head up to drink. My husband said she would
be dead in teh morning. My daughter fed her water through a medicine syringe
every 30 minutes for 5 hours. A couple hours after she stopped I went in to
check on the dog fearing the worse. She wss on her feet and wagging her tail.
So cooked her some brown rice and mixed it with canned chicken...I spent the
new 3-4 weeks nursing this dog to health. Turned out she had
Coccidia..yuck...we got her the proper meds, vaccinations, etc...I tried a few
different foods before settleing on Purina One..that has been the only one she
could tolerate. I even gave her Blue Buffalo...too rich for her the vet said.
She is now a very happy healthy 65 pound dog. There is no way that dog was 8
weeks old when we got it and be as big as she is now.  Her crate training went
great. We used a pet taxi for her and she still sleeps in it at night.
Fast forward to tonight and I dont know what to do. This is the smallest dog I
have ever had. I think its the "stressed out" stigma that has me freaked out. I
dont want it to hurt her, make her sick or kill her...