personally I wouldn't leave food over night. It can get crusty, harden or even
mold up because its moist. She may eat it anyway (trust me I've seen my Chi eat
ANYTHING -- ahem cat poo for one). I would give her a good meal 30 mts before
bed. Let her eliminate and then put her in her crate. If your worried about
dehydration I'd leave some water or an ice-cube or two in a bowl, so that its
cold and melts over time.

Just my thoughts, but I'm no chi expert. I've asked my fair share of questions
too

JD