CHODOSH UPDATES AS OF 19 AUG 00

The big surprise this year is that due to  a reduced oats harvest in the
USA, many major cereal producers have switched to using Canadian Oats as a
result, the oats Chodosh dates for this companies start October or later.

The following oats dates are known already:
Ralston, National, Shoprite-Jan 1
ConAgra, Grand Union, Pathmark-Oct 15

Quaker and General Mills I hope to find out this coming week.

For freshly baked bakery products in the Midwest such as Chicago, Detroit
and Cleveland. Some mills supplying this area already started producing
Chodosh on Aug 14. Some will be as late as Sept 7. I have no information
yet regarding mills in other parts of the country. Similarly, I have no
information yet on barley.

The Guide to Chodosh is now scheduled for publication (bli neder) about the
third week of September. Updates until then will be publicized via E mail
and the Hot Line News voice recording at 845-356-5743.

Yoseph Herman

this list by sending a message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Then if
you wish to resume receiving these messages from your new service, send a
message to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can request several reports by sending an E-mail message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Then in the body of the message type the
command: "get" (without the quotes) followed by the name of the file that
you want. Type each request on a new line. Make sure that you copy the file
name exactly as spelled including capital letters. These reports are now
available:

get Guidelines.txt
This gets a long report on Guidelines to Mashgichim on Chodosh

get Crops.txt
This gets the estimates of percentage Yoshon for this year.

get News.txt
This gets the latest news update, such as this E mail
Project Chodosh is an independent activity, not affiliated with any movement
or organization. We thank the Jewish Internet Fund (JIF) for allowing us to use
their E mail distribution services. The JIF  provides free email
and web hosting to Jewish education and outreach organizations.