Re-forwarding to chromium-dev...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amanda Walker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 10:11 PM
Subject: Re: [chromium-dev] Re: OS X IPC Design doc
To: chromium-dev@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:43 PM, Wan-Teh Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I agree that an anonymous pipe is a great solution.  Its only drawback is
> that we won't be able to implement the --start-renderers-manually and
> --channel command line options, which require the IPC channel to have
> a name.

Our informal requirement has been "create equivalent functionality to the
Windows implementations."  One approach that we have not spent a lot of time
on is looking at how the Windows implementation of some of these
capabilities could be changed or stripped down to be more multi-platform
friendly.  In some cases that might well be the best approach--do you have a
feel for how hard it would be to stop using ShareToProcess, DuplicateHandle,
etc. and make the code that's currently using it more portable?

--Amanda

--
--Amanda

"Trust in Allah, but tie your camel." --Arabic proverb