For keyboard users, the most natural flow is in 1A, I would say. Presenting
the keyboard (and potentially screen reader) user with the 'Close' button
before the edit options might lead many of those users astray. The
discoverability here would be (as always with these types of users)
top-to-bottom, left-to-right.

- Jonas