Hmm, I am with Ben on this one.  How about this proposal? Same way Nick has
done his interface, but without including it in the omnibar (cause its not
page related) lets make another button on the toolbar to demonstrate its
user related. If a user would like to show/hide that button, he could do so
similar to the homepage button via options.
How about something like this? http://i40.tinypic.com/29wtoqv.png