I think I see what's happening.maruel, do I understand correctly that the
trybot syncs to the revision the patch is based on before applying it? It
looks like when folks with patchs prior to the base-gyp switch do a try,
that it rolls things back, which doesn't work right.
If folks sync before try the issue should go away.

Alternatively, I had given some thought to how the trybot could handle
gyp<->vcproj changes.
Currently gclient is run, which runs gyp, then the patch is applied.
Ideally, gclient would be run without invoking gyp, then patch is applied,
then gyp is run. I had assumed since this is a temporary transition, that we
don't care to make this work, as everything will be fine after gyp is fully
deployed.

-BradN