Salut,
   I've been trying to locally collect performance data to confirm whether
this was a good enough improvement or not and I can't seem to get consistent
enough results on my machine to draw a conclusion... Some things look
faster, and others look slower, but I sometimes get faster results with the
resize corner enabled, compare to disabled (which doesn't really make
sense)... So I don't think I can rely on these numbers...

   So I decided that I will go through with the code review of the changes,
and if Adam and Darin are happy with it, I will commit and monitor the
performance dashboard to see how it goes there... If it goes bad, I'll
revert... And if it goes well... I'll scream my happiness as loud as I can
(and those who know me a bit, know that I CAN be pretty LOUD!!! ;-)...

BYE
MAD