Snapshot builds are current, on the fly, development builds whenever a
developer has checked in changes for recompiling.  You get a snapshot
build whenever there is a successful compile.

Continuous builds are those snapshot builds that have passed all the
automated tests.

The latest tarball (created nightly) is an archive of the last known
continuous green build.

Chromium is the open source code project for the browser which makes
use of the V8 engine for Javascript.  Anyone is free to download and
use the Chromium source code.

Chrome is Google's branded browser based on Chromium code, which
includes Google specific elements, including Google's red-yellow-green-
blue Chrome logo, Google's distributor branding, and built-in access
to Google Chrome's update servers.