On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM, Aaron Boodman <a...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Currently the mac port has a dropdown in the preferences that allows
> you to switch between themes that happen to be installed.
>
> None of the other ports have this, and I think it should be removed
> from mac. All it allows you to do is switch between themes you have
> previously installed. How is that better than the web UI, which allows
> you to switch between all themes in the gallery?

FWIW, I'd prefer if all the ports have this.

There are three reasons for this, one of them silly:
(1) Shows themes you've gotten from sources other than the gallery (I don't
know if this is possible at this moment, but it will be someday, right?)
(2) Limited to the set of themes you've actually shown interest in by using.
 Think about if the gallery had several thousand themes (the way Firefox has
several thousand Personas).
(3) Usable while offline/unable to access gallery (silly reason).

The first two are sufficient reasons to me that I've been surprised to not
see this kind of a switch in the WIndows UI.

PK