When people change themes regularly, I believe their intension is to try out
themes. When "theme preview" is going to come in, that would be simpler. A
person isn't going to change themes every day, if they want to change
themes, they could just goto the UI and change to any theme they please.
I believe a drop down for a list of themes is a waste of space for the
options panel, people wont use that frequently. I have been told that once
you installed a new theme, the old theme will not be archived (stored on the
system), so switching themes would be harder when the CL comes in.

I thought you guys are picky when it comes to options, and introducing a
themes drop down is actually a useless control which will be rarely used.
There are many other areas where I would like to have options which actually
makes more sense compared to this.

Aaron, I believe the themes page could use a "currently installed theme"
that way the user would know what theme he/she installed. It was possible by
visiting chrome://extensions/, but now its removed from that page.

-- Mohamed Mansour