I have not read through the entire message, so forgive me if I am saying
something unrelated and that was already answered here -It seems like there
might be security issues with loading web resources in the internal pages,
since internal pages seem to have a lot of power and privileges and the web
is posed here as "unsafe and must be sandboxed through the whole way" (which
is correct, of course). Combining the two may lead to unfortunate
consequences.
For the same reason, the "Tips & Recommendations" was pulled out.
There is a command line switch called --enable-web-resources and, probably,
just like the remote fonts feature (which is preventing Chrome from fully
passing the ACID3 test, as far as I recall), that is behind a command line
switch due to yet to be resolved security concerns.

☆PhistucK