Then password management would also fall under the category of "can't be
made portable" and that's fine.

It's just that I've heard "profile platform independence" tossed around as
being a guiding principle and I was surprised that some people treated it as
so.

Avi
/who wonders how it fits into
http://dev.chromium.org/developers/core-principles