Is the OS in the user-agent string?
"Mozilla/5.0 (*Windows*; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.0 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Chrome/3.0.195.6 Safari/532.0"

There's a chance that http resource caches will contain data tweeked per OS.
Maybe for cosmetic purposes... to make it look more OSX'y or ChromeOS'y or
Windows'y... or perhaps for functional purposes like <foo> plugin works
better on this and <bar> plugin works better on that in some odd corner
case.