On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 12:44 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuartmor...@google.com>wrote:

> If we end up actually having four at a time that seems likely to be
> worse than two: either four people are doing nothing but sheriffing,
> which there is probably not enough work for, or all four people are
> more likely to think that someone else is probably watching and they
> can do something else.

I can only say that in my own sheriffing experience that this is utterly
untrue, and having two people at once is amazingly helpful since we can
track down different problem areas; one working on purify and valgrind
errors while another works on layout tests.  There has never been a time in
such cases where we both did nothing because we thought the other person was
working on it; we were always pinging each other and dividing work on the
fly.

I don't think Chromium team members are so irresponsible that they would not
work out some system in such cases.  And part of the point is that it would
be nice to be able to get a _little_ bit of work done on the days you're
sheriffing, or go to lunch, or whatever.

PK