On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:33 PM, Stuart Morgan <stuartmor...@google.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Peter Kasting <pkast...@google.com>
> wrote:
> > Sheriffs are in theory supposed to watch all the perf bots too.  Do you?
> > don't.  I doubt very many people do.
>
> That's probably mostly a function of the fact that there's essentially
> no mention of monitoring perf (the fact that they should, how to do
> it, how to handle regressions, etc.) on the page about what sheriffs
> should do, not a manpower issue.

Given that our project lead didn't even know there _was_ such a page, I'm
not convinced.  I don't think most sheriffs exhaustively read and understand
that page, and the tasks and best practices as sheriff change rapidly (I
hadn't ever heard of "drover" last time I sheriffed), which is part of the
motivation for speeding up the cycle.

PK