Okay, in that case I've posted a similar fix for notifications permissions (
http://codereview.chromium.org/455004).

It still seems like if there is a common rule, there might be a better way
to do this at the Profile level rather than in each feature; could we mark
or otherwise separate certain preferences as origin-specific preferences
rather than just overall browser settings?  Then the off-the-record
PrefsService could filter those out and not persist?

 -John