On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Mohamed Mansour <m...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Is their any argument not allowing command line options to be persisted in
> the Preferences file?

Yes: It allows/encourages people to use more command-line switches.  The
switches we have are generally for exceptional cases.  If people need to use
them regularly, we need to know about it, not simply enable even more usage.
 Switches are not our preferred substitute for about:config.

Things like --no-sandbox are dangerous, past switches like
--enable-extensions are no longer meaningful, and there are a variety of
esoteric switches meant for debugging.  None of these should be "fire and
forget" cases.

PK