Hey guys,

I've been playing around with Chromium extensions and decided to
experiment a little with Browser Actions trying to create a Twitter
extension. The result was Chromed Bird -
http://github.com/cezarsa/chromed_bird
I've faced some limitations but now it's working pretty well, and it
lets you do common stuff like browse your friends timeline and write,
reply and RT tweets, and I'm really using it all the time. :) Also,
autoupdate is enabled, and the extension try to be smart about not
hitting twitter.com too often as there is a rate limit for API calls.

Now, after playing a lot, I have some questions about the problems I had.

* The main limitation I faced was not being able to open the popup
window from the background page, so it could warn the user when there
were new tweets. Is this feature planned?

* There seem to be some issues with popup window resizing, it doesn't
shrink back once it's contents shrink. Is there a way to force popup
window resizing?

* There are some focusing problems in the popup window. I wasn't able
to manually set focus() on input elements. Also, using TAB to move
focus between input elements isn't working. So, is this a known issue,
or I'm missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Cezar

PS: All the source code is hosted in