>From JS, Right now the only way to access cookie is via content
script.

Many extensions would be interested in checking the presence of a
cookie to detect login and other states. A notification for cookie
changes is also helpful, This way extensions would get to know about
it even if it is happening outside web page, eg: "clear all cookies"

--
Sibil Mohammed

Some sort of notification on cookie changes would be really useful. If
the user clears the cookies from the Chrome