Hi karl,

Do post back and let us know if copying the Application directory
works.  Like PhistucK asked, has that method actually been tried?  I
re-tested this earlier and it seemed to have problems.  The copied
Chrome didn't seem to start at all.

I recall previous information from a long time that Chrome/Chromium
does work from its own directory.  Possibly that information refers
only to the Snapshots or Continuous Chromium ZIPped builds that can be
unzipped?  Maybe that does not apply to official Google Chrome
installs.... :-(

If copying the Application directory fails, I guess your next simplest
workaround is to create 2 login accounts on your Windows computer.
Since Chrome is installed per-user into his own Local Settings
\Application Data directory, you can install Beta for one account and
Dev for the other.  Then you just have to logout and re-login to test
different official Chromes.  Also, this method will allow the update
check to work properly.