Maybe having some kind of statistical usage of xhr calls that each extension
will keep track permanently. That way, we could do some sort of smart
algorithm that will point out some uncommon, untrustworthy requests. I am
just dreaming, but I think its possible to eliminate some threat.

Cause currently, if some developer's extension's account got hijacked or
stolen, the user could modify his extension and add some privacy concerning
risks. To (try to) stop that, we could do what we did before, and let the
developer supply the certification file (pem) everytime he updates his
extension, that will eliminate that kind of threat, when the account has
been compromised.

PS: I am not a security person, just some ideas that came out of my head. So
I might be just dreaming. Nevertheless, its an interesting topic.

-Mohamed Mansour