How do you guys think about extensions having some sort of "Whitelist" for
XHR requests. If an extension needs to access helloworld.com, it will popup
an info bar stating this extension needs to have access to this website,
that way the user will know what is going on. They could add it to their
whitelist so that info bar will never show again.

If people allow URL which is not safe,  then it there is nothing we can do
to solve the security problem,
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc722487.aspx see law #1.

I am no security person, maybe Adam can comment.

-Mohamed Mansour