I think this thread needs to be retitled.  The original title is "User
Confused About Extensions & Themes", but that's _not_ what the post
contents are talking about

The post contents say: "users complaining ... because they can't
figure out how to reset the original [theme]" and "user needs a way to
find out what their current theme is and an easy way to revert back to
the default".

I have updated the title to something I hope is more accurate.  That
is, this thread has nothing to do with extensions.