I’ve implemented uninstallation monitor NPAPI-extension.

I’ve encountered one thing that looks a little strange: if I use the
registry to specify my extension (in most cases my extension is
installed exactly in this way) but use Uninstall button (chrome://
extensions/) to uninstall extension then information about my
extension in user’s Preferences file ("extensions" -> "settings" ->
"myExtensionID" : {…} ) is not removed even if I delete registry
entries and restart Chrome.

I have noticed that field "state" (Preferences file ->"extensions" ->
"settings" -> "myExtensionID" -> "state") changes from 1 to 2. I
suppose that this means something like "extension was installed using
registry, but uninstalled manually using Uninstall button". Am I
right? Where can I find info about syntax and semantics of Preferences
file ?

After all why info about extension is not removed from Preferences
file (when using described scenario)? Is it expected behavior or is it
a bug?

P.S.: When I say " use the registry to specify my extension" I mean
that I add a Windows Registry key HKLM\Software\Google\Chrome
\Extensions\<my extension id> and subkeys version and
path=<path_to_my_crx> and restart Chrome.