Is this the same issue?

http://crbug.com/31434

I'd like to see this get fixed as well. The relevant code is in

http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/browser/extensions/extension_tabs_module.cc
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/browser/extensions/extension_tabs_module.<http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/browser/extensions/extension_tabs_module.cc>
http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/common/extensions/api/extension_api.json

if anyone feels motivated to contribute a patch. Otherwise one of us will
probably get around to it eventually.

Without looking at it closely, this seems like it would be fairly easy.