Yeah, unfortunately that is the bug I linked to - Adam is working on
populating the information about the frames (including things like
iframe.window/iframe.window.document) - the best I can offer for now
is set your content script's all_frames to true, so you get a content
script for the iframe (you'll need a way of determining which it is)
and communicate via that.