There was a newspaper strike in London. As I recall when doing my play
research, the best newspaper record of the resignation was in the Guardian,
then still published in Manchester.

Andrew Edlin

On Oct 12, 2016, at 7:42 AM, Cita Stelzer <c...@irwinstelzer.com> wrote:

I think there was a newspaper strike on at that time. That’s why I had such
trouble finding menus and guests list for my book Dinner with Churchill.
All best,
Cita

From: 'Antoine Capet' via ChurchillChat [mailto:churchillchat@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 3:27 AM
To: churchillchat@googlegroups.com
Subject: [ChurchillChat] WSC's final dinner at Downing Street

Dear All,

I have been asked to give a talk on “Churchill and Elizabeth II”, and I will
naturally allude to the final dinner at Downing Street.

I can only find fragmentary information on the guests – I cannot find a full
list in my usual sources.

Neither can I find the full text of Churchill’s speech on the occasion – only
passages.

Any leads would be welcome.

With all best wishes,

Professor Antoine CAPET, FRHistS