Thanks Phyllis for your tests and GG for looking for.
I don't think you are misunderstanding.
I saw your video. I think it depends a bit from the video you are using for the test: your clip is an animation. I can wrong. In your screencast the histogram, in the Histogram Bezier, changes very, very, little.
Please, take a look at my screencast: https://streamable.com/3svwkd
As you can see, the histogram, in the Histogram Bezier, doesn't change as in the Histogram.

More, you can see that when I enable the Histogram Bezier plugin a little change occurs in the histogram of the View Scope. Mmh, very strange. It is like if Histogram Bezier changes the Color Model of the project, but I am guessing.

I am not saying it is "wrong", I think that it is really weird that tools that perform the same function (draw an histogram) don't show the same output, I would think.

IgorBeg