On Thu, 11 May 2006, Dimitrios wrote:

> I do need all the editing features i've described above. I would appriciate
> some help from people who used Cinelerra for 2-hour long movies.

I did larger projects on a Dual Opteron. The point is Cinelerra doesn't
have the integrated goodies for DVD creating as you expect form
Pinacle/Ulead/friends. But what is wrong with serperate programs doing
this task?

If you have such a cool machine I suggest gentoo, using the Cinelerra-svn
ebuild from ebuild-exchange. And check it out. Probably better: get a
live-cd from somewhere and check if you like it at all.

About capturing. Personally I love to capture via the commandline
interface with DVgrab. But there are some gui programs for this too.

Yours Sincerely,

Stefan de Konink