I can see what Jordan Nash is trying to say and i'm not going to be offended by
his email. It is true, cinelerra is not user friendly and the learning curve is
indeed steep.

I also believe that starting over isn't doable. Lets face it, cinelerra is
beign developed by a small group of developers, there just isn't time, money
and resources to redesign cinellera from scratch.

Beign realistic, i can see an alternative route:

--> 2 interfaces!

The user loads cinellera for the first time and gets a dialog: "Welcome to
cinellera, would you like the Basic Interface or the Expert Interface?"

In other words, we keep the current interface and just add a "lighter" version
along with it. All advanced features will only exist in the "Expert Interface"
while all the "Basic Interface" will have only the simple features for working
on simple projects.

The new "Basic Interface" can be designed for usability, with hits,
explanations and simple buttons. As intuitive and understandable as possible.

I believe this solution is viable interms of development.

I welcome your thoughts.