Not to be too negative, but this suggestion is in the same effort range
as the original one.

If you want to make it easier to use to the level you want it, you need
to rewrite most of the source base anyway. Having two different
interfaces also more than doubles the amount of bugs related to
complexity of source code.

i appreciate the input, but this is not realistic. if anyone thinks it
is ... start submitting code. i will be delighted if i am proven wrong.

Why don't you use Diva?

bye
andraz