On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:46:47 +0200 Andraž Tori <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Not to be too negative, but this suggestion is in the same effort range
> as the original one.

no problem, we are all here to discuss.

> If you want to make it easier to use to the level you want it, you need
> to rewrite most of the source base anyway. Having two different
> interfaces also more than doubles the amount of bugs related to
> complexity of source code.

i haven't seen the code but the way you describe it, it seems like the logic
and the interface are one and the same, which is wrong software engineering
practices.

if thats the case, then maybe you do need to rewrite the interface.

> i appreciate the input, but this is not realistic. if anyone thinks it
> is ... start submitting code. i will be delighted if i am proven wrong.

i'm involved in many other open source projects and my time is limited, but as
a suggestion please avoid giving people "The Open Source Finger(TM)" which is
the usual "code it yourself". Its not constructive.

> Why don't you use Diva?

I don't believe its mature enough and its missing many features. Actualy i'm
not even using cinelerra for real work, only for testing. I'm using Windoze
apps to do my real work because they just work and they are easy to use.