Current SVN should now be more workable (see thread as I actually described the issue as being a fact of shared range), since automation ranges are more sane.

At the moment if you drag to -40 dB you force to -Inf dB. I recently (last night for me in Aussie) applied a patch that limits' the automation range to this -40 dB in the time-line to indicate that this is as far as needed to go (see r908).

Pierre

Miha Kitič wrote:
But there may be a workaround for you...

How about using the combination of faders and mute function.
For instance... you fade the audio level to very low level and at the
end of it set a mute. That should kill all audio for sure.

Of course, I assume that mute will actually switch
of the audio channel, but I am not sure. Perhaps someone who is very familiar with the sources can answer that.

Miha