On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 09:42:29PM -0200, rafael2k wrote:
> Em Segunda 04 Dezembro 2006 20:09, Jens Seidel escreveu:
> > On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:17:51PM -0200, rafael2k wrote:
> > > w/ your work, now i got:
> > >
> > > 1322 translated messages, 7 fuzzy translations, 43 untranslated messages.
> > >
> > > there are some strings to be fixed.
> >
> > I know, but the problem is I do not know how :-))
>
> you can leave the FIXMEs, thats ok.

Yep, but *you* need to fix these in the English msgid's or correct me, so
that I can remove these FIXMEs.

> to fix the remaining problems,
>
> for fuzzy strings, serch for "fuzzy" in the de.po, and do the following, for
> example, in line 1583 of de.po:
>
> #: cinelerra/filempeg.C:1893
> #, fuzzy
> msgid "VCD Still sequence"
> msgstr "TGA Sequenz"
>
> you have to change to:
>
> #: cinelerra/filempeg.C:1893
> msgid "VCD Still sequence"
> msgstr "Right translation"

You missunderstood me. I know translation processes really well and also
i18n processes. I just miss the "Right translation", with other
words I do not know how to translate remaining strings (and I'm really,
really sure that I translated already a few messages sub-optimal, maybe
even wrong). Remember that I asked on this list already about e.g.
"asset".

Normally I test applications carefully and I did so the last time (in
2003, I provided also a few patches). But I never restarted cinelerra
since this time and got also not a single bug report about my
translation (but found one in the bug database). So you see not many
German users seem to care ...

PS: I'm tried to create an account for bugzilla but still did not get it
activated. (No mail arrived the last 10 hours. Will report it now to
baver ...)

What is a "VCD Still sequence"? Does VCD stand for Video CD? Probably,
but "Still sequence" remains. Does it describe a single picture mode
(such as on photo CDs) or a frozen image (such as after pressing
"pause" during playing a movie?).

> got it?

No! I need a lot of more explanations. Comments in the PO file whould be
the best way as I described already.

Jens