Istanbul is a Free program for making Theora videos of a desktop session.

It can be found in most distros repositories or downloaded from the GNOME
website: http://live.gnome.org/Istanbul

Upon searching for the website I also found a tutorial on the Fedora Wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

Use of flash is discouraged for the following reasons:
        * Flash format is proprietary and Fedora uses and supports open
specifications and formats.
        * Free and Open Source Flash players and plugins such as GPLFlash and
swfdec
do not provide all the required functionality or features.
        * Flash plugins or players are not available in all architectures
provided by
Fedora such as x86_64 or ppc.
        * Ogg Theora is a open source codec and works out of the box in Fedora
without any third party components.

peace,
Stian

Måndag 29 januar 2007 13:38 skreiv Matt Pfingsten: