Am Mittwoch, den 07.03.2007, 10:20 +0100 schrieb Christian Thaeter:
Finally I found some time to look at some cinelerra bugs. Cinelerra use
> quite some own things......

> I believe the code complexity could be lowered by replacing some
> things with standard or defacto-standard libs rather fixing the problems

Hello Christian,

I am much in favour of the cleanups you propose, indeed, many aspects
of cinelerra source are hard to work with...

but, as I see it, the main problem is:
will such changes be accepted "upstream"??

If not, we will end up with a de-facto code fork. (I state this without
intending any pun or hostility). /If/ we wanted a completely forked
"Community-Cinelerra", we would need much more dev manpower....

Cheers,
Hermann