(freezing when moving edits when having multiple tracks being one of
them)

andraz, just for you to have a small feedback on this, since i've been
pretty much working exclusively with cinelerra and depend on it to be very
stable, i've been using a rafael2k debian-stable package for version v2.0,
which is the most stable release i've seen. especially due to what you
mention above - it doesn't happen there. here in brazil, even though i do
have an hdv camera, about 95% of everything being done here is still dv, so
v2.0 is already very fine to do about anything (usually, people get
surprised when I say that, but also usually the don't edit videos that last
longer than 5min).

i said that to say that i don't program (been trying to help on other
fronts), so what i'm going to say is based simply on a 'feeling': from what
i got of cinelerra the 2.1 versions I used, it seems that every playback is
being done by openGL, no matter what option you choose on preferences (X11,
XV, etc). even though we had many machines on hand to test this when I was
working closer to the estudiolivre.org 's government-funded branch, all
those machines' video cards did not support openGL 2.0. so editing videos
there (on 2.1) became unthinkable, because we couldn't work around this
freezing issue - playback then would be very very slow (on DV videos, we
only worked with DV there). we were installing jahshaka on those machines as
well and jahshaka would present the very same problem - very slow playback
for pretty much everything. unless, of course, if this freezing problem
would happen even in case you chose X11-XV, which then would mean it was a
more general issue than just involving openGL - as i said, this is just a
feeling I have, based on some months watching this happening and trying to
figure what that could be; but it was interesting to see jahshaka and
cinelerra presenting the same problem. my (personal) video card now supports
opengl 2.0 so i'll update the cv-cinelerra and jahshaka on my
debian-unstable partition as soon as i have time to see if i can give any
more feedback on this.