Hi,

> I've just finished writing a patch to add full HDV read support to
> dvgrab and am about to send that off to their mailing list, so my next
> project was going to be working some more on cinelerra, since I use it
> exclusively for video editing...so, I'll be glad to help as much as I
> can.  Probably not at a super fast pace, but I can provide some help.
> I was planning next on adding direct support for reading files with
> ffmpeg (libavcodec/libavformat).

this sounds very interesting. I'll be glad to help on that also.

there are a few other things I'd like to improve :
- libquicktime support (not as easy as it seems to be imho)
- ffmpeg swscale support (i had submitted the patches)
- perhaps using system toolame rather than rebuilding it
- cinelerra contains some executables stacks, I had tracked it to the
way images are packed in the executable in guicast but didn't fix them
- cinelerra contains text relocations on x86 when compiled with mmx in
libmpeg3 iirc, I have some patches against libmpeg3 asm, I could
contact the author to see if he wants this to be integrated here (of
course removing the need for textrels usually makes the asm slower so it
is only acceptable with a "notextrel" option)

Anyway, since cinelerra is my favorite soft for video editing I'd like
to help you by contributing a bit more, perhaps starting by trying to
track the bugs you mentioned. The only problem being I don't have as
much time as I'd like to to play with video, but that's life ;)

Regards,

Alexis