Just a follow up. Here is an example of what I get for each frame when
I use --showstatus ...

"dvgrab-001.m2t":   386.73 MB 3593 frames timecode 00:08:46.07 date
2007.06.07 20:03:26

On 6/11/07, Aaron Newcomb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Using HDMI it should be possible to get close to raw uncompressed
sensor data instead of what you get out of the firewire port which is
already compressed. At least that is my understanding. Of course if
you record to tape first instead of capturing direct from the camera
it won't matter anyway since the compression is done when it writes to
the tape.

I will try to do another capture today and see if I am getting both
timestamp and recording date.

On 6/11/07, Marcin Kostur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What do you need HDMI for?
>
> Marcin

Thanks,