hi

On 8/1/07, Scott C. Frase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nice documentary AkhIL!
> If that's your father, he's a very talented artist!  Of course, I don't
> understand Russian, but you don't really have to.

True, this is a really wonderful, awesome portrait of a very interesting and
very talented man.  I understand no Russian, but I was still very engaged in
the film.  I would love to see it subtitled.  I would also like to add it to
the Internet Archive's Digital Tipping Point Video Collection (IA DTP VC)
both as it is, and also then update it if Akhil plans to put English
subtitles to it.  The Digital Tipping Point Video Collection has 11
different languages, I believe, although I'm not sure how many languages are
currently posted to the collection.  We have 51 hours posted to the
collection, but if it is okay with you, Akhil, I would like to post this
video of your father to the IA DTP VC under a cc by sa license, which I
believe is the same license that you are using.

If you will allow us to post this video to the collection, Akhil, it would
be great if you could type up a short summary of this video, telling us a
bit about the film; a bit about your father; a bit about why you chose to do
this film, and what tools you used, from your camera to any lighting you
used to the list of software applications you used.  Please also be sure to
include the year it was shot (2007 presumably) and the nearest geographical
landmark where it was shot, such as the nearest town or whatever other name
you prefer (since it was shot in a rural setting).  Even the name a small
town is okay.  Whatever you would prefer to help people find the place on an
on-line map such as Google maps.

Good job on the
> effects and transitions.  I especially like him walking into his
> painting at the end.  Did you do that with masks?

Yes, I thought that this effect was particularly spectacular, simply because
it was sooooo very well integrated into the fabric of the film. This really
was a splendid effort!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

If you will allow us to post your video to the IA DTP VC, it will live here
with our own footage.  Our footage there is only raw footage now, but our
finished product will be released there, and we are hoping to put other
artists finished work there as well.

 http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=digitaltippingpoint

Our keyword search index page is located below.  It is the place to go to
find specific persons or themes for our footage.

http://tinyurl.com/yluwoc

That is the place where your name and your father's name will appear, as
well as the town, etc.

Thanks for your consideration of my request!

scott

--
Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping