Aaron,
Thanks for the reply.  I use Kino to upload and download to dv tape.  Does
kino firewire support work okay?

In the past I tried to compile cinelerra but ran into too many problems with
dependineces.  Can you reply with a list of steps you took to successfully
compile cinelerra on your FC8 (or reference to a webpage)?

I would rather get the latest version of cinelerra instead of the one from
freshrpms.

Thanks

Jeff Gerritsen