QT is very easy to use and powerful, but it normally wants to dictate
how the gui is coded. moc, uic, and qmake need to be the backbone of
the project. If you use these tools, building QT applications can be
easy and painless (I speak from experience), but you are forced into
their coding styles.

If possible, I'd like to mention FOX GUI. It's fast, stable and has a
good feature set.
Another good one is FLTK. Until recently Nuke used it before switching
to QT(I think).  Both of these are fast and powerful, but they do give
that '90's look. Which I don't mind, but some may. Still QT is nice
for theming seeing as it supports CSS styling for widgets.

Just some thoughts.

Timothy