> Last point I want to make: one of the HUGE problems with free software
> is the fact that it doesn't care much for some "details" as
> proprietary software. Take Adobe Photoshop as an example: they don't
> just have people who programs in their teams, they have photographers
> that just sit there and say "this is important, this is irrelevant,
> photographers work this way, photographers work that way". I've been
> for a while in The Gimp forums, where the ruling philosophy is "If you
> can't contribute with code, don't bug us with Gimp should have this
> and Gimp should have that" - and that explains why so few
> photographers use The Gimp.

Good point but be aware Photoshop gets a paycheck regularly. GIMP gets
donations. The disparity between the two amounts is HUGE, so Photoshop does have
the "luxury" (albeit a business requirement) to have focus groups and such.
Projects like the GIMP have no such and have a majority of volunteers coding
with professionals that drop in code on occasion. True, GIMP did have a big
boost a few years ago when some companies took interest and funded some
features, but overall that tends to be the exception.

So, are you saying you are ready to bankroll the features requested and pay for
hosting the focus groups? ;)