Hi, I've just started recently getting into editing using Cinelerra over the
past couple of weeks. I've read most of the simple tutorials and I've searched
around the mailing list archives so sorry if this has an obvious answer.

I'm trying to edit together a music video and the problem I'm having is I can't
figure out a reliable way to accurately sync clips up with the sound. For
example a certain instrument plays I might want a clip to start playing at that
exact frame. Last time I did any video editing was in an old version of Adobe
Premiere where I was able to accomplish this mainly by dragging the timeline
cursor around, as sound would play as you did this even if you only moved
forward a single frame. Doing that, I could pinpoint the exact moment I was
looking for in the audio and drop the clip in or just watch the video playback
and see if everything was happening in sync. In Cinelerra however if I press
the button that moves the playback one frame forward no sound is played. As for
using the waveform graphic, it's not very useful for what I need.

So does anyone have any suggestions? For example, is there a way to control
playback speed and just have the preview run in slow motion? I could export
pieces and preview them in mplayer since that has slow motion playback but that
would be tedious.