Hello,

A simple and dirty trick: Edit the sound track, and put claps in the instances where you want a switch. Or clap hands in the beginning of each bar (if it's a rhytmic song, the drums do that job for you). It takes a little work to prepare this, but after this is completed, your work is easier and more accurate than any other solution.

Hand claps and drums are easy to spot visually in the track's graphical display, and allow perfect timing matches with picture.

Note that you can safely replace the source sound file ("asset") with the edited one (on the hard disk) for this purpose, and return the original back for final rendering (but make sure they are identical in length and format).

Good luck,

   Eli

Dan Hibiki wrote:

Hi, I've just started recently getting into editing using Cinelerra over the past couple of weeks. I've read most of the simple tutorials and I've searched around the mailing list archives so sorry if this has an obvious answer.

I'm trying to edit together a music video and the problem I'm having is I can't figure out a reliable way to accurately sync clips up with the sound. For example a certain instrument plays I might want a clip to start playing at that exact frame. Last time I did any video editing was in an old version of Adobe Premiere where I was able to accomplish this mainly by dragging the timeline cursor around, as sound would play as you did this even if you only moved forward a single frame. Doing that, I could pinpoint the exact moment I was looking for in the audio and drop the clip in or just watch the video playback and see if everything was happening in sync. In Cinelerra however if I press the button that moves the playback one frame forward no sound is played. As for using the waveform graphic, it's not very useful for what I need.

So does anyone have any suggestions? For example, is there a way to control playback speed and just have the preview run in slow motion? I could export pieces and preview them in mplayer since that has slow motion playback but that would be tedious.

--
Web: http://www.billauer.co.il