> It could be a part of the plan, but this seems to be a bit offtopic.
Yes, indeed.

> Could you not start with this? A basic website and two mailinglists for devs
> (there is already something like this..) and for users? I think this should
> be the core and it would be great if you could set this up with some people.
> After that you can see if you make wiki's and projectpages like you're
> suggesting.
I get the feeling that the libopenvideo mailing list has already
achieved the communication aspect between developers. So are we
talking about a well maintained site that links to all the open source
video projects, with a small description of each of them? A wordpress
(or similar) account would be fine for that, it just needs someone to
maintain it. Anyone could do that, but I'm not particularly interested
in maintaining content like that myself.
The other thing is a mailing list for general open source video
application users. That sounds like a good idea to me, and I'd be
happy to help set it up if someone has somewhere to host it?

--
Cillian