Not strictly a Cinelerra issue, but I hope the community can offer
advice:

Do you have experience with delivering longer-than-half-an-hour programs
on DVD?

1. My intended audience is small (20-50 copies), using ordinary home
(NTSC) tv playback gear.

2. I've been following the workflow in the Cinelerra manual for
publishing to DVD, and it works just fine.  That is:

        - render to foo.ac3 and foo.m2v from Cinelerra
        - ffmpeg -i foo.ac3 -i foo.m2v -target ntsc-dvd foo.mpg
        - dvdauthor (with appropriate XML for multiple 'chapters')
        - mkisofs
        - burn to DVD (standard utility)

3. Standard DVD+R have 4.7 GB capacity, and hold about half an hour of
mpg's.  My finished project (including 'feature' and 'extras') will be
at least 60-90 minutes altogether.

So, what do you do beyond the half-hour point?
        Throttle the bitrate (if possible??) to stay under 4.7 GB?
        Find some commercial production house to burn denser DVDs?
        Break the project across multiple discs?

Please let me know what you think.
Thanks!